S t r e a m T h e K i t c h e n O n l i n e A t http://www.wcdbfm.com

October 25, 2008

WCDB 30th Reunion - 10/24-26, 2008

This weekend is the 30th anniversary of WCDB and the 45th anniversary of WSUA (WCDB's AM predecessor). The whole weekend is set to be filled with alumni-focused events, including a panel discussion by WCDB alumni who have gone on to achieve in the music industry, live broadcast of the homecoming SUNY Albany football game against Sacred Heart, a formal dinner also to be broadcast on the station, and a Sunday morning broadcast from the birthplace of SUNY Albany student radio: Brubacher Hall on (currently) Saint Rose campus.

I'll update this blog post as the weekend progresses! For right now (Friday night) all that's happened so far was my alumni-inspired edition of the Kitchen. Check the playlist, it's way proper:
(I would asterisk the requests but I'd probably wear out the key)

THE BEATDIFFERENT KIND OF GIRL
THE BEVIS FRONDLIGHTS ARE CHANGING
DURAN DURANRIO
DEL FUEGOSNERVOUS AND SHAKEY
GREEN ON REDTHIS I KNOW
ELVIS COSTELLOALISON
THE SPECIALSMESSAGE TO YOU RUDY
SPARKSMOUSTACHE
YELLOW MAGIC ORCHESTRARYDEEN
HALL AND OATESRICH GIRL
THE DB'SBLACK AND WHITE
THE JAGSBACK OF MY HAND
IAN DURYWAKE UP AND MAKE LOVE WITH ME
CHESTERFIELD KINGSCOME WITH ME
GO-BETWEENSBYE BYE PRIDE
APBDANCEABILITY
AVENGERSWE ARE THE ONE
HUMAN SWITCHBOARD(SAY NO TO) SATURDAY'S GIRL
THE INDIVIDUALSYOUNG AND DANCING
HUMAN SEXUAL RESPONSEJACKIE ONASSIS
THE DREAM SYNDICATESTILL HOLDING ON TO YOU
KID CREOLE AND THE COCONUTSANIMAL CRACKERS
ROBERT GORDONRED HOT
IAN HUNTERCLEVELAND ROCKS
THE CUREMAN IN MY MOUTH
THE FLESHTONESLEGEND OF A WHEELMAN
THE MOTELSDAYS ARE O.K.
CUTTING CREWANY COLOUR
FLOWERPOT MENBEAT CITY
THE GO-GO'SHEAD OVER HEELS






































Photos from Saturday can be found here.

-LEON

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I live nearby and I frequently listened to WCDB beginning in 1982. I remember when I first turned on the station that year, the summer I graduated from high school. I heard "See No Evil" by Television, "Open Your Eyes" by Stiv Bators, and some others with names that I do not remember by Gang Green, Flux of Pink Indians and Mission Of Burma that evening. The music I heard in 1984 and 1985 is certainly some of the best rock'n roll I have ever heard in my life. It spoiled me for everything else that has come since! Of course there has always been that other world, jazz, and I have been listening to those shows too for some time. Keep up that cool music! I especially liked hearing "Jackie Onassis." Tony