S t r e a m T h e K i t c h e n O n l i n e A t http://www.wcdbfm.com

April 28, 2009

RAD 1983 (RAD)



Soooooooooooooooo Friday was the second to last Kitchen before the show slips into the unknown... Wild stuff. As the penultimate broadcast, I wanted to give it a bit of a theme. I settled on doing one particular year. I thought about it for a good seven or eight seconds before it hit me: 1983. The best year in music ever. So, I got to thinking, and I got to Wikipedia-ing, and before I knew it I had an awesome playlist which I shared with the world on April 24, 2009. Word. Also of complete note: Physical comic Patrick Ferri, my extremely funny cousin, came in with his girlfriend Lorie to co-host and brought a few most excellent vinyl cuts and stories from '83 (since I wasn't alive at the time) to add to the show. Rounding the program out was an ultra rare 7" Patrick brought in from an Albany band called The Stomplistics. On the back of the 45 sleeve was even a "Thank-you" column mentioning WCDB!!! Isn't that something?

BUT enough of me babbling, to the photos!


All photos by HELLO BUNNI, thanks Bunni!!!



Nice sepia tones...! haha






DAAAAAA crew

and...

THE PLAYLIST! Glazed with extra 1983.

DURAN DURANNEW MOON ON MONDAY
R.E.M.RADIO FREE EUROPE
BLUE PETERFALLING
DAVID BOWIECAT PEOPLE (PUTTING OUT FIRE)
DAVID BOWIELET'S DANCE
DEPECHE MODEEVERYTHING COUNTS
NEW ORDERAGE OF CONSENT
THE MOTELSSUDDENLY LAST SUMMER
ENDGAMESLOVE CARES
DEXY'S MIDNIGHT RUNNERSCOME ON EILEEN
ADAM ANTHERE COMES THE GRUMP
THE SMITHSTHIS CHARMING MAN
THE TUBESSHE'S A BEAUTY
HEAVEN 17TEMPTATION
FOREIGN PRESSSET YOUR LOVE IN MOTION
TIC TOCCRITICAL PATH
EDDIE AND THE CRUISERSWILD SUMMER NIGHTS
EBN-OZNAEIOU SOMETIMES Y
RUN DMCROCK BOX
3DNEARER
MOTORHEADI'M THE DOCTOR
MOTORHEADGO TO HELL
SIOUXSIE & THE BANSHEESDEAR PRUDENCE
THE STOMPLISTICSFIFTEEN AND GONE
HUEY LEWIS AND THE NEWSHEART AND SOUL
































Co-hosts are what's really good, thanks again Pat!!!

AND THEN THERE WAS ONE.


Tune in next week for the conclusion to,
the 80s program that kept Albany educated on what they missed,
since 2005,
It's The Kitchen,
on WCDB.

Good night Albany.
-L

PS - Check out the super awesome cart that I'm grossly misusing my power as my last week as PD and forcing all freshman DJs to play four times an hour:
(Just kidding, it's only three) Thanks Joe!

Wow, I'm going to miss this.

No comments: