S t r e a m T h e K i t c h e n O n l i n e A t http://www.wcdbfm.com

March 25, 2009

Realization



(File Photo from the Music Office computer I'm putting this post together on)

1: The SA presidential debate between candidates Josh Sussman and Joe Bonilla went extremely well on the station last Friday night.
2: The Kitchen, which aired directly after, was groovin' as usual.
3: There are only SEVEN KITCHENS LEFT IN THIS WORLD.


So intense.

After starting the program in October 2005, I've learned so much about the decade sometimes I feel my life is blurring the lines between now and then. I'm graduating college in May, and May 1 is not only my last day as Program Director of the most dangerous radio station on Earth, but also my last day as host of the Kitchen. I project it will be a pretty intense moment. A lot's led up to this.

So, I was thinking. Gotta go out with a bang, right? I wished I realized the mortality of my show earlier - Eleven shows left, and I would totally do a "one year per week" format leading up to the fanfare of a conclusion. Oh well. I adjusted that idea a little bit, and I think this schedule will work out well: Regular shows until late April; second to last show a focus on one year; Last show, full blow out laced with all my favorite tracks and defining moments of the Kitchen. It's going to be heavy, folks.

The year: 1983. Want to know why? You'll have to tune in to find out. Best year in music ever.

Anyway, enough planning for the future, isn't this show primarily concerned with the past? Here's my playlist for March 20, 2009:

CCCPAMERICAN SOVIETS
THE PSYCHEDELIC FURSTHE GHOST IN YOU
WIRE TRAINCHAMBER OF HELLOS
CABARET VOLTAIRESENSORIA (12")
REAL LIFESEND ME AN ANGEL
THE DBSAMPLIFIER
COMBO AUDIOROMANTICIDE
RICHARD MARXSHOULD'VE KNOWN BETTER
BOZ SCAGGSLOWDOWN
HEADPINSJUST ONE MORE TIME
HALL AND OATES OUT OF TOUCH
THE THEUNCERTAIN SMILE
DEPECHE MODEEVERYTHING COUNTS
FINE YOUNG CANNIBALSDON'T LOOK BACK
THE LOTUS EATERSIT HURTS
DEVOJOCKO HOMO


















Awesome. Well, I've got a busy week ahead of me, and it's been so busy I didn't post this playlist until next Tuesday. How's that for me slacking off?

Peace!
LEON

No comments: