S t r e a m T h e K i t c h e n O n l i n e A t http://www.wcdbfm.com

September 7, 2008

Maxin' and Relaxin' and a little This-and-Thats-in'




PARTY PEOPLE! YEAH!
1992 MARKS A BRAND NEW ERA FOR THE BLUNTROLLERS!
Oh wait, wrong song.

I know this is a tired phrase, but literally "everything has been crazy lately". I haven't printed out any Syllabuses (Syllibi?) for any of my five classes, I haven't done any reading or out of class work yet, I've got this outdated banner on my blog, saying I'll be back last month... Wild and crazy. I've got to get my life back on track!

The late Summer sun has lent itself to some absolutely incredible photo opportunities on campus, which I gladly took up with some color film recently. I'll develop them soon and if they come out nice I'll way definitely be scanning and displaying them on my Flickr page (link to the left).

As for the station, three major things.
1) Pat and I spent an ENTIRE NIGHT cleaning out the station and moving/rearranging so now we have a good amount of free space and a lot less broken crap laying around. I even have an office now!! Way Baller. Check it out:

And hanging on the wall: The countless WCDB notes from our resident Jazz dude Bill Goss! Every semester he hosts the "Wing Thing", a completely legendary WCDB event that dates back to the age of the Ottoman Empire as far as I'm concerned. Basically, everyone shows up and consumes mad wings and mad beers, and Bill covers it! Ridiculous! The dude is a dude of means. Hopefully this year he hosts it after my birthday, as the bar it's hosted at is pretty strict on that 21 thing...

2) The News department is coming back. Sounds easy, but is actually very hard since the last time we had anything resembling news was way before I was a student here... Basically, Eric Patrick and I have been really focusing on not just revitalizing but really re-creating the News department here. It's been rough to say the least, but we've got something. 7-9AM Weekdays on WCDB, I present to you... The news. For SUNY people, by SUNY people. Hopefully it flourishes in time.
3) The 30th anniversary is going down real soon. October 25-30. Somewhere in there. Not sure. We're all going crazy and Jared has been placing crazy orders for all this equipment we have to have set up by the end of October... It's going to cut close but I think we'll get it in in time. We need preamps, mics, headphones, a phone box to allow callers on the air, a delay box to censor rude callers... haha... A new emergency broadcasting system... A whole mess of stuff! it's going to be awesome once it's in but 'til then I'll defintiely be going crazy.
Here's Matt, he'll be a cleared DJ in less thna a week. KEep an ear out for that dude's show, he'll be QUITE the DJ. Believe. Shout out to Danielle and Danielle to stopping by and checking out my show too, and also big ups to other trainees Eric, Adam, Tom, Claire and Alexandra. If I clear enough people we'll be on the air 24 hours and I'll have to host that 40 40s party I promised all WCDB people if I managed to become the first Program Director since 1986 to maintain a 24 hour program schedule... Pretty crazy...

:-)


The Kitchen I M H O has suffered because of my focus on all this other stuff, but I think the playlist turned out pretty nicely this week. Let's review:

THE DREAM ACADEMYTHE EDGE OF FOREVER
MANUFACTURE
ADAM ANT
AS THE END DRAWS NEAR
STAND AND DELIVER
THE CUREJUST LIKE HEAVEN
ROXY MUSIC
EMAK
SAME OLD SCENE
SUNKEN GALLEONS AND PIRATE PICTURES
THE DEAD MILKMENINSTANT CLUB HIT
NEW ORDERAGE OF CONSENT
NEW ORDERBIZARRE LOVE TRIANGLE
DAVID BOWIEMODERN LOVE
FALCO
CUTTING CREW
MASCHINNE BRENNT
ANY COLOUR
THE CARS
BYE BYE LOVE
THE CARS
LEAVE OR STAY
THE PLIMSOULS
NOW
VOICE OF THE BEEHIVEDON'T CALL ME BABY
WIRE1 2 X U
1919 EARTH SONG
DURAN DURAN
KIM WILDE
NEW MOON ON MONDAY
CHEQUERED LOVE
DANNY WILDETIME RUNS WILD
MAX CARL
TEARS FOR FEARS
THE CIRCLE
HEAD OVER HEELS
NICK LOWEMY HEART HURTS
PSYCHEDELIC FURSPRETTY IN PINK
THE SMITHSTHIS CHARMING MAN
THE SMITHSSTOP ME IF YOU THINK THAT YOU'VE HEARD THIS ONE BEFORE
ZERRA ONERESCUE ME





































Thanks for the phone calls and requests, I hope I made your friday night a little more comfortably lame.

WORD so I will see you all next Friday? Well I won't see you, but I'll talk to you then. You can talk back if you like! PEACE!
I'll leave you with some moving lyrics from Redman:

"That's how you roll a blunt
That's how you roll a blunt
That's how you roll a blunt
That's how you roll a blunt
That's how you roll a blunt
That's how you roll a blunt
So let's all roll blunts
and get fucked up"

Sound advice.
Leon

No comments: